EMDR Beds, Bucks and Herts is delighted to welcome Maeve Crowley to lead their inaugural training event.
Maeve is an EMDR Consultant and Facilitator and a Past President of the EMDR Association UK & Ireland, and will share her extensive knowledge and experience of working with complex clients in whom dissociation is a prominent feature.
She will introduce various theories of dissociation and how they relate to the Adaptive Information Processing model (AIP) and will explain how EMDR can be used effectively with complex dissociative clients.
This workshop is relevant to clinicians working with adults or children.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Recognise the three phase model of trauma therapy and know how this integrates with the eight phases of the standard EMDR protocol
- Know which resources to use and when
- Know how to target the typical phobias associated with dissociative disorders
- Be able to recognise and work with dissociative parts
- Be able to recognise and work with blocks to processing
- Know how to manage yourself in this work
Maeve Crowley is an EMDR Europe Consultant and Facilitator. She sits on the EMDR Association UK & Ireland Board as Europe Representative and Past President. She is the Complex Trauma Lead for Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and heads the Complex Trauma Service.
Maeve is in constant demand as a supervisor and speaker and has presented papers at the EMDR conferences in Liverpool (2016) and London (2017) and is presenting at the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation in Berne in November 2017. Maeve’s clinical work is with clients with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) which falls at the far end of the dissociative spectrum, and you may have had a glimpse of her work from her conference presentations or through an article in the July 2017 edition of EMDR Now.
We are grateful to Maeve for the support she has given to EMDR Beds, Bucks and Herts in its fledgling stage of life!